My fourth book to read this year was "An Old Fashioned Girl" by Louisa May Alcott. I downloaded it for free from www.manybooks.net for my e-reader. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I think I like this book better than Little Women. The simplicity of it is charming. It is the story of Polly, a country girl who is gentle and kind and not enamored with material things. She goes to stay with her cousins in the city. Her cousins are the complete opposites and well on their way to becoming brats. However Polly's appearance in their lives helps prevent this from happening. I am a huge fan of L.M. Montgomery and in some ways this book reminded me of her books.
I continue to read "In His Steps" along with my daughter. This book is different than I thought it would be, but I do find myself anxious to read the next chapter.
No comments:
Post a Comment