Wednesday, January 5, 2011

1st of 52

I finished my first book of the year. I decided to start the year off with a book that Carrie the author of the Heart of Dakota curriculum recommended. It is called "Stepping Heavenward". The description on google books sums up the book very well: "How dreadfully old I am getting! Sixteen!" So begins 'Stepping Heavenward' by Elizabeth Prentiss, the journal-like account of a nineteenth century girl who learns, on the path to womanhood, that true happiness can be found in giving oneself for others. "This book is a treasure of both Godly and womanly wisdom told with disarming candor and humility, yet revealing a deep heart's desire to know God," says noted Christian speaker Elisabeth Elliot. "I do not hesitate to recommend it to men, who need to understand the wives they live with, and to any woman who wants to walk with God."
I really enjoyed this book and strongly recommend it. I downloaded it for free for my e-reader at www.manybooks.net

I am also reading "In His Steps" along with S. She is doing it for her Literature class and we enjoy reading the books at the same time so we can discuss them.



No comments:

Post a Comment