I knew when I started this that I wouldn't actually stick to the 1 book a week idea. I know some weeks I will read more than one and some weeks I won't finish one so my goal is to just to have read 52 books at the end of year. I finished a second book this week and if falls into the lighter reading category. I do enjoy reading Christian fiction and have several authors such as Karen Kingsbury that I love. The book I read this week is by Tracie Peterson and is called "Embers of Love". It is the first in a series called Striking a Match. It is a lighter read, but one I enjoyed. It takes place in East Texas in 1885. The main character stands up to her domineering mother and refuses to marry someone she doesn't love. She goes with her best friend back to a small town in East Texas. There she encounters a way of life that is totally foreign to her, but one she ends up embracing. This book also deals with some of the prejudices that were present at the time. I look forward to reading additional books in this series as they are released.
Friday, January 7, 2011
2nd of 52
I knew when I started this that I wouldn't actually stick to the 1 book a week idea. I know some weeks I will read more than one and some weeks I won't finish one so my goal is to just to have read 52 books at the end of year. I finished a second book this week and if falls into the lighter reading category. I do enjoy reading Christian fiction and have several authors such as Karen Kingsbury that I love. The book I read this week is by Tracie Peterson and is called "Embers of Love". It is the first in a series called Striking a Match. It is a lighter read, but one I enjoyed. It takes place in East Texas in 1885. The main character stands up to her domineering mother and refuses to marry someone she doesn't love. She goes with her best friend back to a small town in East Texas. There she encounters a way of life that is totally foreign to her, but one she ends up embracing. This book also deals with some of the prejudices that were present at the time. I look forward to reading additional books in this series as they are released.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment