He was excited to be back with Draw and Write through History where he drew a Bison. It still amazes me how much he enjoys drawing, when I know it is a challenge for him and wears his hand out.
His history project was making clay and then forming it into a piece of Pueblo pottery. He tried to duplicate one of the designs in his notebook, but it didn't quite work. In the past when he had to make clay he would have me help him. This year he kept saying "I got this.. I don't need help." Holding measuring utensils still is tough, but he managed. He has learned to do all measuring over the sink.
He is really enjoying the state study. He seems to be absorbing quite a bit of the information. He fills everything out on his own, which means it can be tough to read, but I feel it is important for his independence.
We continue to read Amos Fortune: Free Man in storytime and he has improved significantly in his ability to answer the tough questions at the end of our readings. He also gave a great oral narration this week about this book. It just showed again that he needs to develop relationships with the characters in a book before he can truly understand it.
In Science he continued to experiments with his car.
We are also really enjoying doing "Who is God?" together and have had some good discussions so far.
He did his first writing assignment this week. He was supposed to describe a zoo animal doing something, but I let him describe his favorite dog from the animal shelter playing in the baby pool. It wasn't bad for a first assignment in this program.
At the end of each day I am just amazed at how much he has done and all the topics he has covered. I love that he is getting such a well rounded education.
No comments:
Post a Comment