You can tell it is near the end of the year as I am falling behind in posting on my blog. The month of April has flown by. We have 3 weeks left of RTR and then a few days of testing and finishing up math. He continues to just plug along. He was starting to get a complaining attitude about math, but some of the things in Boyhood and Beyond really spoke to him and now he is focusing on having a positive attitude.
In Bible Study he finished the actual book part of his Philippians study. He was sad to finish it. When we went to convention and he looked at next years things the first thing he went to was the Hebrews book he will be doing and was so glad to see it was in the same series as the book he has down this year. He and I also finished Boyhood and Beyond. I can't recommend this book highly enough. It is a wonderful book for teaching our boys what it means to be a Godly men.
For his Independent history he drew a musketeer using Draw and Write through History. You can tell by his death grip on the colored pencil that it isn't easy for him to do, but he loves it.
In science he continues to read "Planet Earth" by John Hudson Tiner. Last year when he did a Tiner book he really struggled with finding the answers to the questions in the back. This year it has come much easier, which is encouraging for me to see. He did an experiment about pendulums and was fascinated with how that worked. I really see the science sparking his deeper thinking and often asking "What if...".
In DITHOR he finished the first part of "Little Pilgrim's Progress". He has loved this book. In fact he is going to read the second part in the 3 weeks of school we have left since we are done with DITHOR for this year. He made a Lit Box for his project. He made a castle for the Celestial City and inside it put objects that were significant in the story. He also made a story board with the characters and he dictated a summary of the story to me.
In storytime we finished up "The Story of Blaise Pascal". This story started a little slow, and I wasn't sure how well he was following it because he was struggling a bit with the oral narrations. By the end however, he was really in to it and said that he liked it.
I had a friend ask him this week if he was ready for the school year to be done. He got a very funny look on his face and said "No, not at all." I love that. I love that he loves school even though it doesn't come easy for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment