Sunday, April 15, 2012

Cows, college and other things

I don't update on S. very often, but here goes.  She is really enjoying her Junior year.  She has enjoyed her subjects this year for the most part.  Algebra 2 has been known to make her crazy, but math will always be her least favorite subject.  We did 2 college visits, both private Christian colleges.  The one that is her first pick has online dual enrollment classes.  She just finished applying for that program.  She would love to be able to take 2 classes each semester and get some of her general education credits done.  She should find out in a few weeks if she is accepted.  She also took the ACT for the first time on Saturday.  She was very stressed, but knows that she can take it again.  She also just keeps holding on to the knowledge that God is in control of her future and she posted on facebook on Friday  "I know that I will get the score God wants me to get and will go to the college where he wants me to go." This is such a change from where she was a few years ago.

One fun thing for her has been getting to be the Chick-fil-a cow at work on kids nights.  I guess she has done a good job because she was asked to be one of the Chick-fil-a cows in the opening day parade for our cities major league baseball team.  This was a great experience for her.
Co-op is now over.  She enjoyed this years co-op and made some strong Christian friends.  She also learned to play the guitar.  This is serving as a nice stress reliever for her.
We had a wonderful Easter with just us and I love that this picture of my 2 kiddos.
Now it is time for the homestretch of her Junior year.  Hard to believe that next time this year she will be graduating.  I can't think about that too much or I get very emotional.  I am so thankful to have these past 2 years of homeschooling her to get to know her better and to watch from a front row seat as she becomes the young lady God wants her to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment