Sunday, January 18, 2015

Week in Review 1/12/15-1/16/15

I don't have very many pictures this week, not sure why, but I don't.  So this may be short and sweet.  We finished week 10 of the WG guide this week.

In World Religions he finished reading Sundar Singh.  At the end of each book the dc spend 2 days answering questions about the book.  N. does this on his own and I am increasingly surprised at how well he does with this.  He really enjoyed this book and seemed to learn some valuable lessons from it.

In English he is almost done with his persuasive essay.  He is learning some valuable skills in regards to putting together a persuasive paper.  I have been emphasizing editing, because since he always types his rough draft we have often just edited on that day, but now I am making him do true editing.
One thing I forgot to put in last week's post was how in his bible curriculum he had to write a few lines of praise to God in the form of a Psalm.  In the past this would have really challenged him, but I think all the things he has learned through the years are really starting to show fruit spiritually and educationally.  His lines of praise really blessed me on a day I was struggling some with fears about his future.  Then I read this and realized he is getting grounded in the Lord and that is the most important thing.  I am realizing my job is just to give him the tools and let God  take care of the blueprints. 

In history he has been reading about Cortes, the Mayan Civilization and watching videos that supplement what he has read.  It ties in very well with his Living Library book "The Kings Fifth". 

One last fun picture from this week.  One day this week it was National Hat Day.  N. wears either a beanie or a snapback hat all the time, so he was pretty excited about this day.  He decided to put all his hats on his head so I could take a picture in honor of the day.  His goofiness just makes me laugh all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment