For storytime we finished reading "John Paul Jones-Pirate Patriot". I have to say this was one of the tougher storytime books we have done. Neither one of us is at all familiar with boat terms so it was hard to follow at times. The epilogue at the end that filled us in on what became of him was very sad. We have just started "The Reb and the Redcoat".
For history projects he did a stain glass window painting using the Old North Church Steeple as a model. I really like this painting.
He also made a Liberty Hairstyle. He found it hilarious the different things the French did to their hair. He decided to put a canon and a ship in his hairstyle.
The big news this week was that he earned his Black Belt in Karate!! It has taken him 6 years, but he has stuck with it, even though it took him much longer than a neurotypical kid. He even had to write a 500 word essay. Thank goodness for the IEW writing program last year. It was a pretty painless process due to all he learned doing that program with RTR. He also had to break a board with his hand and with his foot. I am very proud of him.
I love following your weekly posts. Gives me wonderful glimpses of all what I can look forward to in the coming years. You've done an amazing job. What a fine, young man you have been blessed with.
ReplyDeleteJoyfully,
Pam
I love following your weekly posts. The highest guide we are using is RtoR so they give me glimpses into all we have to look forward to in the upcoming years. You've done a great job with your son. You've been blessed with a fine, young man.
ReplyDeleteJoyfully,
Pam
Tell him Congratulations! from us. Joshua is loving karate also and is doing very well in it. He's a senior blue belt right now and quickly working towards his black belt. I love reading your HOD updates. Tell him his steeple painting is very good too. Blessings to your family!
ReplyDelete