This week was interesting. It started off with N. having a reaction to Claritin. I had never given it to him before and 1 1/2 hours after giving it to him he became a totally different child. He became argumentative, refused to do his work and became very mean, which is totally not his personality. I was totally confused as to what was going on until I googled Claritin behavior side effects and found out that was I was seeing was actually not that unusual. After that was out of his system the rest of the week went very smooth. He was back to being my hard working kid.
In science we continue with the AIG book and he has had fun doing the small experiments like making fog in a bottle and sucking the air out of a bottle to look at air pressure. He made the different types of clouds out of cotton balls.
He also did a written narration for science this week about the dust bowl, and did a pretty good job on it.
In math he continues to plug along with CLE 600 and seems to have remembered most of the things he forgot over the summer. He continues to read Gentle Ben in DITHOR, he seems to have good reading comprehension for this book. I have him doing Megawords to help with his ability to decode longer words. I have realized that he sometimes mispronounces words and I think that might interfere with his comprehension. He decided on an easy Megawords sheet to show me how neatly he could write. He said he can't write like this all the time because his hand cramps.
His history project this week was a board game he made called Race to Rome. I like that as we play it the different tribe names are reinforced.
In Storytime we are reading "The Mystery of the Silver Coins". This is the second book in the Viking Quest series and N. loves it! He loves doing his oral narration 1x a week with this book and likes to move around and act it out while he narrates.
He continues to make gains in his independence and really only needs help now with the I boxes if it is something to do with his fine motor skills.
No comments:
Post a Comment