Saturday, February 12, 2011

Weekly update for 2/7/11

Life has been very busy so I haven't had much time to blog, but I did want to at least post the last 2 weeks in pictures so you can see what fun things we have been doing.
Last week started off with an ice storm so S. had to go out and slide down the drive way on her stomach.  N. was more cautious with his exploration of the lack of friction.

N. has drawn Alexander the Great's horse Bucephalus and the Lighthouse of Alexandria for his independent history.


Last weeks history project was an indoor Olympics since N. was learning about Olympia Greece. Of course S. couldn't sit around and not join in the fun.

History project this week was making his own papyrus so that he could draw a map of the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World.  He declared this the "messiest project" ever.  I have to say I found watered down glue droplets everywhere, but hey he had fun.


He is about to finish up his current science book.  I didn't think he would like the book on plants as much as he liked the bird book, but he says he liked them both equally.  We have had some discussions on making sure to say focused while reading.  He tends to have trouble recalling the information in the middle of a chapter.


The paintings last week were of sunsets and turned out beautiful.

Then here are 2 last pictures to show the extreme difference in my dc's personalities.  I am so glad that S. is home this year and that she can join us in some of the projects.  N. loves having her do things with us also.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great week!!! I especially love the last two photos showing the different personalities.

    ReplyDelete