N. did Week 2 of Creation to Christ. We finished up our storytime book of "Dinosaurs in Eden" and we are now reading "The Golden Bull". N. is enjoying this book so far. He still likes listening to the Diana Waring audio CD's. He did a pretty good job this week with filling in his prophesies about Jesus chart. I love this part of the curriculum. I think it is so good for him to see how the prophecies were fulfilled.
His written narration this week was on a chapter from "The History of the Ancient World" called "the first war". Daddy was schooling him on this day and I guess N. had a tough time answering the questions before he started his narration. My dh wasn't sure what to do so he reread it to N. outloud and then had him do the narration. N. did better then, but still struggled some. I do worry that his comprehension with this book isn't what it should be. I think I am going to have him do some mini-narrations each day as he reads this book just so I know if he is getting it or not.
He started an Animal Track book in Science and of course loved that he read about dogs. With 3 of them here he had plenty of examples to study. His science experiment he also did with Daddy and with S and he thought it was funny that even though they knew he used lemon jello they still guessed it was strawberry when it had red food coloring in it.
He made a cylindrical seal and tablet with cuneiform writing on it for his history project. He and S. made up the dough for it.
He and S also both did watercolor painting this week for the poetry box. I can tell that S. likes some of the hands on things and since she has mostly textbooks I go ahead and let her do some of the things with N.
Overall it was a pretty good week. I am still trying to figure out how much to push N. It is so hard to find that balance between pushing him and asking him to do things he just can't physically do.
I enjoyed reading about your week.
ReplyDeleteThose are such cute pics! My son enjoyed learning about the dogs too. We just read chapter 22 of The Golden Bull and it has really held his interest. I just prayed for discernment for you to know where to push and where to let go. I can imagine it would be difficult to find that balance.
ReplyDelete